Saturday, October 27, 2012

Jaspal Bhatti


Jaspal Bhatti                                                                        Travelling from Delhi to Mumbai, Above Jaipur

There have been many deaths this year of famous eminent personalities. Amongst them are Yash Chopra, Rajesh Khanna, AK Hangal, VilasRao Deshmukh and others. There has been indifference from my side because frankly I don’t give a damn. In fact, one of the deaths caused me to be happy even. However, with Jaspal Bhatti’s death I have felt a sadness which is away from the collective sadness that we exhibit as a nation through news channels whenever someone famous dies. Jaspal Bhatti above all was a good man. He was from PEC (the same college I went to), had great sense of humour and unlike laughter challenge, used his humour to point out what is wrong with our nation. When I saw Flop show for the first time, I was a kid and enjoyed it thoroughly for the jokes as one tends to enjoy comedy serials. However, when I saw it again once I grew up I came to know the mirror that he was trying to show through his serials. After Flop show, he made Ulta pulta, another hit serial and then some movies out of which I have seen “Mahaul theek hai”. This film was about how politicians (mis)use bureaucracy to their benefits. I loved the movie which I saw with my dad in a unknown town of Muktsar in a large single screen theatre. I am a fan of Sardars & Sikhs in general because of the large heartedness, sense of humor that they display, the duty towards religion without being fundamentalist, the gurudwaras, the langars, the abuses,the food and everthing else. 2 of my good friends are Sikhs and amongst others I like Khushwant Singh, yuvraj singh. However, Jaspal Bhatti will always remain my favourite Sardar.

RIP.

No comments: